Cultilène is one of the world’s leading substrate producers. They have a great reputation in the industry as a company that puts the grower first. Rockwool tray cubes are a natural product made from volcanic rock, or basalt. Using the latest technologies, the basalt is heated and spun in several directions.
Cultilène is one of the world’s leading substrate producers. They have a great reputation in the industry as a company that puts the grower first.
The Cultilène stonewool cubes are made to fit the small hole blocks and are supplied in an easy-to-use tray. The cubes have an effective air-to-water ratio and a reliable homogeneity with great strength and dimensional stability and excellent controllability. This media is inert and pathogen free. These 40 mm plugs measure 40 x 40 x 40 mm and are suitable for transplanting into small hole Cultilene grow cubes.
Cultilene is a mixture of basalt rocks and chalk. These are heated to 1600 degrees at which point they become molten and are spun, like candy floss. When occurring naturally, during volcanic eruptions, this material is known as Angel Hair. This perfectly blended Rockwool makes the ideal environment for roots to develop. The tiny fibres and air pockets hold water without water logging and encourage exception plant and root growth. At full saturation, Cultilene holds approx 80% of its volume in water, leaving 20% of tiny air pockets.
- Each propagation cube sits in an individually well in a plastic tray.
- Available in start cubes, grow cubes and slabs. Cultilene Rockwool is highly regarded and widely used by amateurs and professionals alike. Still used to this day by NASA.
- Suited to drip feed, ebb and flood or NFT
- These trays fit neatly inside the Root!
- Various sizes Cultilene Cubes